Friday, April 5, 2013

Small Haul: Wet Seal




I have been in such a shopping mode lately. It's been getting a lot warmer here in California, so it's about time to fully bring out my spring attire. I had no idea where my sandals are, so I planned on just buying some new ones. I looked on Wet Seal's online site and saw they were having a clearance sale so I decided to pick up a few things. Unfortunately, since these were clearance items, I'm not sure they will be restocked.

I apologize for everything being wrinkled. I haven't washed anything yet and they were wrinkled from the packaging.



True Love Tee - Size M
Retail Value: $12.99
After all discounts: $4.68






This is an adorable every day shirt. It's a bit shorter than I normally go for, but it's not a cropped shirt. The letters on the "True" and "Love" words have small black rhinestones to make them shine in the light. I'm actually glad it turned out to be a light pink, as I don't have many pink shirts, surprisingly! The sleeves are large, so they have a slight batwing effect. And the neckline is wide so it will be worn off the shoulder. I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of these with just plain shorts. I have a pair of blue denim shorts with floral pattern on them that I can't wait to wear with this shirt!



Floral Lace Inset Tee - Size L
Retail Value: $18.50
After all discounts: $10.00





I'm not quite a fan of 1/2 sleeve tops, but I couldn't turn down my two favorite trends in one - floral and lace. I got this shirt in a size large as I felt it would look better baggy with a bandeau underneath. I wish it was white, but it is an off-white, eggshell color - but I'll wear it nonetheless.



Crochet High-low Maxi Skirt - Size L
Retail Value: $15.99
After all discounts: $5.76





It's an all lace skirt. Do I love it? YES. Is it worth the price I paid? ABSOLUTELY! Am I disappointed. Kind of.

When I made the order, I waited about 3 days for confirmation that they were processing my order. Once they had shipped my order, they told me that the skirt was out of stock in the size I wanted (medium).  I was so disappointed since the clearance price of this skirt was the whole reason I decided to shop at Wet Seal - and not get my sandals at some other online shop. For the "inconvenience" they gave me a free shipping code. I used that code to risk getting the same skirt, but in the large. It fit better than I was expecting. The elastic in the waist fits just how I would want it. It is a bit flowy because it's a large, but I'm not as disappointed as I thought I would be. I still love it, and will get a lot of use out of it - and I can't beat the price anywhere. The pretty peach color is also a plus!


Patricia Faux Sandal - Size 8
Retail Value: $10.50
After all discounts: $7.08





This item was the reason I even made my order. I'm disappointed and will be returning these. I know I shouldn't buy shoes online, but I still do. I've never had a problem before, but this will make me hesitant to do so in the future. I am a 7.5 normally so I figured it would be safe to go up to an 8 instead of a 7. The strap that goes behind your foot onto your heel is HUGE. To make it fit I would have to make my own hole pretty far from the farthest hole currently on the strap. The deal breaker was when I stood up, my big toe hung over the side pretty far. I have average feet, but the sandals are narrow. I LOVE the color brown these are, so hopefully I can find the same color in another pair of sandals that will fit me.


The total I paid for this order was $28.81 including tax/shipping and I will be getting back $7 once I return the sandals. So $21.81 for the 3 items I am keeping is still a great deal.





I will be doing some OOTDs with these items soon. Also, I am trying to do a couple DIYs soon - including a  jewelry storage project and DIY studded shoes!



2 comments:

  1. That skirt is so cute! Too bad about the shoes though. I don't let myself shop online for shoes for that exact reason. I'm so bad at returning things.
    By the way, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! All the details are on my blog. :D
    http://monkeytoesandmanicures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! I feel like I'm at the mall so often now that it wasn't an issue returning them :)

      Delete